Saturday, April 28, 2012

Technology In Education Growth, April, 2012

Some areas I have grown in with technology this year are:  *Compass Math  *Teacher WebPage  *HPLL Cart Distance Learning  *Document Camera  *Ordering materials online with CESA #11  *MORE Library System  *Blogger as a Portfolio

We have continued to use and grow technology use in the classroom.  I went to IPod training in March.  With the help of my daughter, we put some free apps on it.  I played with it.  My school does not have WiFi, so that limits app choices.  The tech department asked for the IPod back before I used it in my classroom, but encouraged me to check out 3-4 in May.  I hope to do this, and would like to see student interaction and response.

HPLL Cart - We participated in a lumbering and math lesson earlier this year.  We also communicated long-distance with Baylor University students.  We participated in a lesson about Georgia OKeefe, and graduate students observed and asked the students questions.  It was a good experience for us all.  To The Arctic with Florian Schulz was a wonderful experience.  Students got to go to the arctic and see the animal life and learn about the changing environment there. 

I have tried new technology this year, and have grown in my confidence in this area.  I am grateful to all of my coworkers and classmates who have been patient with me and helped me along this journey.  I will continue to use technology to supplement the curriculum, to allow students to demonstrate their learning, and to assist students in learning the skills they will need to be successful in adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment